Monday 9 May 2011

Afternoon tea in a bikini?






On Saturday I put on a nice dress and went to Fortnum and Mason in London for afternoon tea with some friends. Their dress code had us worried-"We kindly request that both sexes lean more towards elegance than beach" We all managed to avoid wearing bikinis and flip flops but i'm not quite sure if i pulled off elegance..
I think afternoon teas would be even more fun if they did let you wear your beachwear, i'd wear one of my long beach dresses over my bikini and wear my heart shaped sunglasses so no one could tell when i needed a nap after so much food. In my afternoon tea beach dream everyone would get their own big sofa to lie out on,and all the decor would be a bit 1960s/1970s instead of classic georgian style, they would serve coconut and champagne cocktails from their teapots, ice cream sandwiches instead of scones and fresh strawberries and mr whippy ice creams instead of cake. Everyone would be nicely tipsy and on a good sugar high and they would play some music like the doors-love street

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...