Friday 14 September 2012

Paris when it sizzles

Steps us to the top of the Sacre Coeur
Petit Dejuner at L'opera restaurant
"I'll be special and I'll be rare, i'll be noticed because i'll wear a smile and a ribbon in my hair.."
Overpriced eclair
This man REALLY wanted a shot of that lamp-post
Cooling down in the Catacombs
Flowers outside a church

Last weekend I went on my second trip to Paris, It was good to go back and skip all the main tourist things you feel like you have to do the first time round. This time I went to a huge flea market with endless stalls of old magazines, badges, taxidermy, clothes and postcards and came back with two weird jugs; I went to a flower market that also sold birds and bunnies, ate a lot of ice cream and steak, found some of the cats that live in Montmarte cemetery and went on a midnight shopping trip to Sephora-a whole store full of make up and perfumes but didnt buy anything after inhaling too much expensive but overpowering perfume and feeling sick. I did some tourist stuff like climb to the top of the Sacre Coeur which was knackering but worth it, visited Jim Morrison and Oscar Wilde's graves, which were disappointing and felt a bit tacky, and went down to the catacombs, which was nice to get out of the 35 degree heat,but felt weird, its just wrong for your skull to be buried seperate to your leg, plus I didnt see anthing other than skulls and leg and arm bones ( its too long since i studied biology to know the real words) so, where did all the hips, hands and feet go?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...