Tuesday 7 June 2011

Snow Black loves Beetlejuice

The first film i loved was Wizard of Oz, which i watched religiously every night for years when i was at school, then a friend introduced me to Edward Scissorhands and soon i became a bit of a Tim Burton obsessive (well, up until he turned a bit rubbish) I think Beetlejuice soon became my favorite because i was in love with Lydia Deetz, played by a very young Winona Ryder. I decided i would be like her when i grew up, i wanted to change my name to Lydia (i always wanted to change my name to something else) have wild black hair, black clothes and huge black hats to shade myself from the sun. It might go to explain the year when i dressed mainly in black, aged 18. I think my Beetlejuice obsession might also explain my love for black and white stripey clothes. I loved the final scene where Lydia and the ghosts dance to this song......



Here is my best Beetlejuice inspired outfit, a black lace bodysuit, fishnet tights and doc martens, and my new black and white stripe pencil skirt.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...