Monday 15 August 2011

Snow Black and the Madonna Inn, San Luis Obispo


This week I have to do the dreaded 10 yearly task of getting my passport photo taken, I have been putting it off for weeks, I am not at all photogenic, and least likely so in a photobooth that makes my skin look paler than pale, and for some reason one eyebrow always hitches up higher than the other as the photo is taken....and this pasty, wonky eyed photo will have to last until I am 37....
The only thing encouraging me to do this is the prospect of a holiday abroad in a few months time, to push me into the dreaded booth I have been looking back at my holiday photographs from last year when I traveled around California, reminding myself how much of an idiot I am for not getting over myself and facing the booth or miss out on a holiday...
One of my favorite stops last year was a 2 night stay at the Madonna Inn, San Luis Obispo It is insane, like stepping back in time, or into a doll's house I'm not sure which. I think whoever designed its interiors must have been smoking something strong, and just being in the rooms there made me feel a bit dizzy. After half a bottle of wine from the restaurant there the room got even more insane and I found myself taking photographs of everything and chasing a helium balloon around (which i blame on the combination of wine and spending too long looking at the disco tiles in the bathroom) As it happened, I had the perfect outfit in my suitcase which fit right in to the doll's house look of the resort, a peach lace dress, floral cardigan,peachy nude tights and floral brogues....





The effect of half a bottle of wine......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...