Friday 15 April 2011

the mean reds





Quote from Breakfast at Tiffanys with Audrey Hepburn....
"Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
Paul Varjak: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?
Paul Varjak: Sure.
Holly Golightly: Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away."

Tiffanys might be the answer for Holly Golightly's mean reds, but for me, I'd go to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, California, to beat the mean reds. There's be no choice but to be happy with huge clouds of pink candy floss, bright colours everywhere and blue skies. I'd have to wear my second hand 1970s red and white dress that i think makes me look like a giant candy cane, i'd run, no skip, from ride to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...