Monday 25 July 2011

My nanna Edith and the single bed's worth of shoes

Last Saturday would have been my Nanna Edith's 90th birthday and it made me think of lots of childhood memories with her. I never saw my nanna without her red hair curled and her lipstick done, she loved clothes and shoes and when we came home from the shops she would go upstairs straight away to try on what she'd bought so we could see it, the patch of carpet infront of her mirror always was worn out where she stood. I used to go into the spare room at my nanna and grandad's house when i was little and lie down on the carpet and look at the rows of shoes she kept under the single bed there, i could lie there for ages counting them and i hoped that when I grew up, i would fill the underneath of a single bed with my shoe collection. Now, age 27, I feel i have achieved what i set out to do, i never really had any big aims in life when i was little apart from the shoe dream so i feel it is one big thing ticked off my very small list.....







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...