Friday 15 July 2011

Snow Black and the Eels concert




Last Monday I went to Newcastle to see the Eels at the o2 academy. The Eels are one of my favorite bands and I listen to their music a lot. There is something about the front-man Mark Oliver Everett that makes you not able to take your eyes off him for the entire show, I am a little bit in love with him, especially now he has his amazing beard, you just don't see enough beards these days...

The crowd were a bit of a letdown though, I don't know what was wrong with them, they only seemed to get excited when they played "novocaine for the soul" and when they played one of my favorites (fresh blood) and all I wanted to do was smile and dance about, no one moved-even though it was AMAZING live and the red lighting was ACE. I like how you can listen to albums over and over and bypass some songs then hear one live and it ends up one of your favourites, this happened with "this is where it gets good"
I wore my lace body with a stripey t shirt over the top, black shorts, and my super massive high wooden heeled boots that I wore incase I got stuck behind a tall person (I ended up stood behind a boy of about 11 years old and had a perfect view but sore as hell feet.) When the gig was over I could barely walk so I stumbled into a nearby fish and chip shop and got what has to be the best take away you can get in the north east-chips, mushy peas and scraps (or batter as the geordies call it) So even if the geordie crowd let me down, the food there never will...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...